Top Mistakes made on sales calls
All sales people make mistakes while making that dreaded cold call. Here are my top 5 that I encounter as a Program Manager:
- Fly by– Many marketers are in such a hurry to make the call and get on to the next call that they fail to take time with the call. The call is so fast -I call it a fly by.
- The talker– It is great to have a friendly personality but it is important to know when to talk and when to listen.
- Objections– Failing to prepare for calls by having rehearsed or planned rebuttals to common objections can result in a loss in sales. Many sales are lost due to poor self preparation.
- Purpose– Define the purpose of the call. Are you calling to introduce products or services (lead generation) or are you setting appointments? Know the end purpose of your efforts.
- Action –The last thing a prospect hears from a salesman should be the final call to action. Set up an exact time for follow-up or a deadline to complete the next task.
Even seasoned sales professionals find themselves in a position where they could have been more prepared while making sales calls. Take the time to plan out your next marketing program or let Rich Enterprises Inc. The Industry Specialists handle your next marketing program.
We are gearing up for a busy fall! Call us to get started (888) 443-5247.
How To Manage A Successful Sales Team
Sales team management takes experience and a game plan. The success of your business depends on a successful sales team.
We have over 25 years experience managing sales teams, with a focus on HVAC appointment setting sales, refrigeration telemarketing, industrial sales appointment setting, mechanical lead generation, oil & gas inside sales, and commercial sales team training.
Contact our telemarketing experts to find out how we can jump-start your business goals now.
Never Miss Lead Generation Tips!
Sign Up for News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox