Successful Telesales Strategies
|Successful Telesales Strategies – Telemarketing is a tough job! We have to be quick on our feet and able to spin the conversation as it flows. What can you do when your prospects appear to be interested in what you are calling about, but do not have the time to talk with you about your product or service?
Here are a few of the top road blocks and how to utilize those blocks:
1. Procrastination – Procrastination in telemarketing by a prospect can be a big disappointment when you think you have sparked an interest, you are just about to close the deal and the prospect says, “Can you call me back tomorrow or next week, I am right in the middle of something” or “I just don’t have time to visit with you right now”. As a telemarketer, you can feel your enthusiasm diminish and you get the feeling the appointment or sale is lost.
Use the prospects procrastination to your benefit. You know they have interest in your offerings. Take this time to further qualify them.
To use sucesssful telesale strategies, ask questions such as:
* Do you plan to make a purchase/decision in the next month, 2 months or this year?
* What do you need from me to make a decision?
2. Urgency – Sense of Urgency can also be a brick wall in sales. A sense of urgency is the supreme motivator for anyone wanting to get something done today, next month or this year. Using need or urgency as a tool to announce a promotion going on today, this week or by months end can get an appointment and ultimately get the sale.
Use the newly acquired information from your prospect to create a sense of urgency enticing the prospect to make a decision sooner than later.
Here are ideas on how to do that:
* “You know, Mr.Jones-we are running a promotion for a free website evaluation for all new customers -if you sign up with us today!”
* “Have you reviewed your energy bill lately? We have a list of energy rebates/incentives that are being offered for appointments set next week” What does your calendar look like next week?”
Try connecting with your prospect emotions to understand their current needs and plans for the future and then stem your sales game plan off of that. The need for urgency in life is the single greatest force behind all successful sales plans. Timing your marketing calls to busy prospects can be tough but knowing what to do with the newly acquired information is key to future sales.
Is your scripting working? Let Rich Enterprises Inc help with your next marketing program. Our programs include: sample call script, email scripts, email confirmation script and voicemail scripts. Let our years of experience take you to the next level in sales success!
How To Manage A Successful Sales Team
Sales team management takes experience and a game plan. The success of your business depends on a successful sales team.
We have over 25 years experience managing sales teams, with a focus on HVAC appointment setting sales, refrigeration telemarketing, industrial sales appointment setting, mechanical lead generation, oil & gas inside sales, and commercial sales team training.
Contact our telemarketing experts to find out how we can jump-start your business goals now.
Successful Telesales Strategies | Telemarketing is tough | With solid strategies, you can win sales.
Never Miss Lead Generation Tips!
Sign Up for News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox