Staying Focused – The hardest part of a salesperson’s day can be keeping an eye on the prize or staying focused. We all have a time during the day where the distractions keep us from getting our work done. What can we do to minimize distractions and stay focused?
Here are a few tips:
- Organization. Put together a daily task list and keep track of what gets done and what can be carried forward to tomorrow.
- Email. Email is a huge distraction for me. When making sales calls, I turn my email off for 30-minute time frames.
- Cell phone. Turn off your personal phone. It is amazing how fast we lose our concentration with the beeps from our cell phones.
- Breaks. Plan breaks or rest time. Work for 4-5 hours and then take a lunch break. Everyone needs time away from work.
- Exercise. Since sales is not a physical job and most of us are sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day, schedule work-outs. These can be walks or some sort of exercise that helps reduce stress and clear the mind.
- Breathe. This sounds like a strange thing to tell someone to do but studies have found that doing some type of breathing routine clears the mind and body of impurities allowing for a clear head giving almost a body “reset”
Staying focused is a daily challenge for most of us but in the sales world, it can be tougher since some aspects of selling are not “fun” for example cold calling.
Rich Enterprises Inc has been providing focused marketing programs since 1999. We have a seasoned team of marketers that enjoy the challenge of cold calling and appointment setting. Let us put together your next marketing program, so that you can stay focused on closing and executing sales.
How To Manage A Successful Sales Team
Sales team management takes experience and a game plan. The success of your business depends on a successful sales team.
We have over 25 years experience managing sales teams, with a focus on HVAC appointment setting sales, refrigeration telemarketing, industrial sales appointment setting, mechanical lead generation, oil & gas inside sales, and commercial sales team training.
Contact our telemarketing experts to find out how we can jump-start your business goals now.
Never Miss Lead Generation Tips!
Sign Up for News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox